Gnupg-users Digest, Vol 184, Issue 22

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Fri Feb 1 20:05:58 CET 2019

On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 19:43:35 -0900, justina colmena wrote:

> With regards to PGPfone etc., all you need to do is run Asterisk on a server somewhere, enable SIP with encryption.
> If you or your conversation partner don't have a public key, there is a voice verification of endpoints, but do note
> that encrypted real-time voice conversations are extremely difficult to protect from packet-timing and other
> side-channel attacks which often trivially reveal a muffled but clear recording and transcript.

Thanks for the info, but i do not want to install server software, for encrypted communications,
where 3rd parties could have theoretically access to it.

Maybe someone, in the future, can pick-up the idea of PGPfone and develop it further
so that it can be used on Linux too or modern macOS. The old Windows version still runs
fine, under Windows 7, for example.

Regards
Stefan

P.S. About my domain name, for the interested women or children, please take
a look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baud