Gnupg-users Digest, Vol 184, Issue 22

justina colmena justina at colmena.biz
Sat Feb 2 04:26:21 CET 2019

On February 1, 2019 10:05:58 AM AKST, Stefan Claas <sac at 300baud.de> wrote:
>On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 19:43:35 -0900, justina colmena wrote:
>
>> With regards to PGPfone etc., all you need to do is run Asterisk on a
>server somewhere, enable SIP with encryption.
>> If you or your conversation partner don't have a public key, there is
>a voice verification of endpoints, but do note
>> that encrypted real-time voice conversations are extremely difficult
>to protect from packet-timing and other
>> side-channel attacks which often trivially reveal a muffled but clear
>recording and transcript.
>
>Thanks for the info, but i do not want to install server software, for
>encrypted communications,
>where 3rd parties could have theoretically access to it.
>
>Maybe someone, in the future, can pick-up the idea of PGPfone and
>develop it further
>so that it can be used on Linux too or modern macOS. The old Windows
>version still runs
>fine, under Windows 7, for example.
>
>Regards
>Stefan
>
>P.S. About my domain name, for the interested women or children, please
>take
>a look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baud

I am definitely not asking anyone to install anything for my use. I'm just trying to explain AFAIK, what you need to do if you want to experiment with voice encryption.

I don't want to be held responsible for it or arrested for it any more than anyone else, and I'm also trying to explain how some of these things come across to authorities who continually amd repeatedly insist on viewing all such matters in the worst possible light.

Didn't Martin Luther say to place the best construction on all things? But no, we must submit to "parallel construction" and falsely sworn warrants by over-informed and under-educated law enforcement officers. "Thou shalt not bear false witness" and all that, and we just had a holiday, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. day - and that's right, now that I think about it - not only a doctorate like his German namesake, but his father and grandfather and their wives must have been staunch Lutherans as well, in so far as to name one son after another after him.

There is so much Catholic insistence on communist totalitarianism under a papal dictatorship of the proletariat, and opposition in the name of that religion to every precept of human rights and due process of law, that even the Finnish Protestants preach "oikeutta" & "lain oikeaa käyttöä" in church, because like us they have not attained to such rights and freedoms in this life on Earth, and so the struggle continues against Catholicism.

The full name of "baud" is "Baudot," a Frenchman, if I recall correctly, a contemporary of Hartley or Shannon, definitely a co-worker on such matters. Living relatives? Is it another family feud? France is practically at war already with a migrant situation, the recent Europol or Interpol shake-up with China or Russia or South Korea, general E.U. upheaval, Brexit sympathies, and so on and so forth.
--
Una Milicia bien regulada, estando necesaria a la seguridad de un Estado libre, el derecho del pueblo de tener y de portar Armas, no será infringido.

https://www.colmena.biz/~justina/contacto.php