Using Yubikey only to encrypt/sign

Farhan Khan farhan at farhan.codes
Mon Feb 18 06:19:03 CET 2019

Hi all,

How does one utilize *just* the yubikey (or OpenPGP smartcard in general) to
encrypt, sign, or decrypt? This might be in a scenario where I only have the
keys on my card but not on disk such as while traveling. I can confirm that
'gpg --card-status' lists the keys as present.

I am simulating this scenario by moving ~/.gnupg to another directory, but
running 'gpg --list-keys' does not list the list the key as present.

Please advise.
Thanks!

---
Farhan Khan
PGP Fingerprint: 7BEF 02AB 89AF 9581 194D 57F1 BF0F 750D B428 FFFF