Ok this is a stupid questions

vedaal at nym.hush.com vedaal at nym.hush.com
Mon Feb 25 22:02:50 CET 2019

On 2/25/2019 at 2:29 PM, "justina colmena via Gnupg-users"  wrote:
That's why I have to call foul play on proprietary operating systems.
Encryption is theoretical only: in practice useless, moot, crippled,
broken, and terminally back-doored with all the malware, adware,
spyware, worms, viruses, trojans, keyloggers, and screenscrapers
inherent to such systems as Google Android, Microsoft Windows, and
Apple OS. The Democrats will stop at nothing to keep it that way at
all costs, and the Republicans just don't care.

=====
Maybe *proprietary* encryption is theoretical only.What problems do
you have with GnuPG as a FOSS program ?
Ordinarily, I'm on the cautious, [maybe even borderline paranoid ;-)
] side of things, and I don't just trust things lightly.
But I *DO* trust GnuPG, WK, and the host of other people who have put
the time and effort into GnuPG, releasing the source code routinely so
that it can be compiled by the end user on FOSS platforms (Linux,
Ubuntu. etc.)
You sound capable enough to review source-code, and use a Linux
variant.
Why do you think GnuPG is useless if you check the source-code, run it
on hardware you trust, and a Linux variant you trust, with a
Chromium/Iron browser, and avoid anything google or microsoft or apple
or any non-FOSS product?
If I misunderstand you, and your beef is not with GnuPG, only with
Google, Android, MS, apple etc.then I apologize.
That said, can i ask you to trim your posts from the political rants,
much as they may be deserved.
There are other forums ideally suited to that.
Thanks.
vedaal