keyoxide.org - new service for GnuPG users

Teemu Likonen tlikonen at iki.fi
Fri Aug 7 18:58:21 CEST 2020

* 2020-08-07 15:21:44+02, Stefan Claas wrote:

> just discovered this new service:
>
> https://keyoxide.org/

I think you should have written more content in your message: a
description of the service and perhaps some own thoughts about it.

Anyway. Keyoxide uses OpenPGP keys' certificate notations to prove that
certain social media profile or web site belongs to the key's owner.
That is interesting because there are no Keyoxide profiles at all. When
opening a (pseudo) profile the service just searches for an OpenPGP key,
checks if it has certain type of notations (URL) and goes to find the
following string from the URL:

    [Verifying my OpenPGP key: openpgp4fpr:FINGERPRINT]

"FINGERPRINT" is OpenPGP key fingerprint.

So the "profile" is managed entirely within OpenPGP key and those
external social media profiles.

--
/// Teemu Likonen - .-.. http://www.iki.fi/tlikonen/