Which keyserver

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Sat Sep 19 20:40:29 CEST 2020

Stefan Claas wrote in
 <20200919201736.000025f5 at 300baud.de>:
 |Robert J. Hansen wrote:
 |>> It is true the attacks were what brought it down, but the amount \
 |>> of effort was not a "sustained
 |>> attack" by any measure. The invested resources are somewhere around \
 |>> "couple hours and $0.00".
 |>
 |> I'm not sure that's true.
 |
 |[...]
 |
 |I think it does not matter.
 |
 |Professional businesses and their customers can use the mentioned Mailve\
 |lope key server,
 |to protect their keys or use for anonymity purposes Hagrid, in combination \
 |with sequoia
 |pgp, while the geeks can use WKD.
 |
 |The only thing SKS, so it seems, is currently good for is decentralized \
 |file sharing or
 |for chat purposes, when using SKS chat software.

SKS served me very well for many years, and it is a shame that
even national/related agencies with quite some funding, or
universities with that immense pool of students did not stood up
trying to keep this decade old community driven infrastructure
alive.  I guess they all were eating burger, and at that level.

--steffen