Thunderbird's hints and history for OpenPGP/MIME (new wiki page)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Dec 3 12:04:18 CET 2021

Hi Peter,

Am Donnerstag 02 Dezember 2021 17:35:17 schrieb Dr. Peter Voigt:
> thanks for that page. I'm not using Thunderbird but I know many people
> who do. In particular the option to turn off the annoying dots is very
> useful.

good to know  that you think it is useful. :)

>  Did you toot the link through Mastodon as well
> - I just failed to find and re-toot a correspondig content.

I didn't toot it so far.

First I wanted to gather some feedback, especially about the following
section, where I've added a recommendation what to use instead
of incompatible header encryption:

| Transport information in a decentral network - just like the writing on the
| outside of a postal mail envelope - cannot be protected in principle.
| When reflecting on this, chose  a subject that is plausible in context,
| but without sensitive contents, to best veil potential unwanted observers.
| (Your thinking is right: The more sensitive this is, the more you have
| to build up a plausible context for your unavoidable traces first.)

(Also I've just improved the phrasing and spelling.)

Best Regards,
Bernhard