How to report issues and suggest changes to the Web Key Directory specification [was: Re: Please tackle the Right Thing]

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Fri Jan 29 03:35:15 CET 2021

On Fri 2021-01-29 01:20:55 +0100, Ángel wrote:
> Oh, nice. I had only located
> https://gitlab.com/openpgp-wg/webkey-directory which stops at -08. This
> one has been further updated.

yep, see the thread starting at
https://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2019-October/062844.html
and concluding at
https://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2019-November/063056.html
for background on the two different repos.

> It would be very useful to know where are issues expected to be raised.
> During this thread there were a few points that would be very
> appropriate to have filled somewhere, at the very least so that they
> don't get forgotten.

I agree that having a consistent and dedicated place for issues to be
filed (if they're not addressed immediately) is useful.

   https://gitlab.com/openpgp-wg/webkey-directory/-/issues

was intended to be that place after discussion with Werner, but it
doesn't appear to have seen much use since it was created.

Maybe Werner can clarify what place he'd prefer and we can consolidate
the issue tracking there.

        --dkg