So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Mar 23 09:59:22 CET 2021

Dear Robert,

Am Dienstag 23 März 2021 06:59:44 schrieb Robert J. Hansen via Gnupg-users:
> None of us have to tolerate toxic leadership. We can always leave.  For
> that reason, I'm stepping down as the FAQ maintainer.

thanks for your contributions to GnuPG and its FAQ!

(And I hope there will be more to come
as you wrote you'll be staying on this list.)

> I will also be ending my financial support of the FSF, FSFE,
> and affiliated groups for so long as Richard Stallman has influence
> in these organizations.

Slightly off topic explanation as I am with the FSFE:
The FSFE is an independent sister organisation with a separate
leadership, and the framework agreement FSFE has with FSF does not give a
single person a special influcence or one of the organisations a special
power over the other.  (You may still be critical of both organisations and
their leaderships and the influence a person from FSF may have on what is
associated with the names, this is not the right list to discuss it.
But you should be aware about the structural independence.)

Best Regards,
Bernhard