So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Tue Mar 23 10:23:32 CET 2021

> The FSFE is an independent sister organisation with a separate
> leadership, and the framework agreement FSFE has with FSF does not give a
> single person a special influcence or one of the organisations a special
> power over the other.

Regardless of whether he officially has power, he clearly unofficially
has power.  He's contacted me a few times over the years to insist on
changes to the FAQ, usually over incredibly silly details like saying
our pronunciation guidance was wrong because we advised people to
pronounce GNU as two syllables, guh-NOO.  When I spoke to someone within
FSFE (name omitted for their privacy) about his 'help', I was told to
just do what he wanted in order to make him go away.

If the FSFE was independent of Stallman, no one would feel the need to
appease him.