How to clarity a deep technical issue (Re: Seeking Assurance on Security and Memory Leaks in SuSE GnuPG)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Oct 25 10:21:06 CEST 2022

Hi Steffen,

Am Samstag 01 Oktober 2022 18:23:19 schrieb Steffen Nurpmeso:
> Highly disturbing to me are such poisoning emails like you write
> continuously.

please be respectful and try to assume best intentions.

> The software you talk about is classified to be
> used by governments to some extend, and i rather have Werner and
> his team work on improving this big software suite than answering
> mails

The people doing certifications, just like all developers, inkluding me, you
and Werner do make mistakes sometimes. And it is a good property of Free
Software that everyone can inspect it. So I do not mind questions, even if
they point out to unlikely defects. Yes, maybe not Werner should answer them,
but someone else can help to outline what the next steps are
to understand what the software is doing
for someone who really wants to know.

Best Regards
Bernhard

--
https://intevation.de/~bernhard   +49 541 33 508 3-3
Geschäftsführer Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter