Pinentry problem with different home dir

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Thu Oct 26 00:51:59 CEST 2023

Werner Koch via Gnupg-users <gnupg-users at gnupg.org> wrote:
    > On Wed, 25 Oct 2023 13:01, Falko Strenzke said:

    >> Can anyone give me an advice what I can try to get the GnuPG Agent
    >> pinentry working with different home directory specified via
    >> GNUPGHOME?

    > Run it this way:

    > mkdir /foo/bar cd /foo/bar GNUPGHOME=`pwd` gpg-agent --daemon
    > ~/bin/gnupg-setup-tests

The gpg-agent dependancy that came a few years ago has really been a PITA.

I would really like some way to tell GPG that it really needs to ignore all
of *my* (personal) setup, because I'm wearing a different personality now.
[like code signing]

    > In case you have a special setup you may put a gpg-agent.conf into
    > $GNUPGHOME and use the pinentry-program option.  "gpg -v" shou.d show
    > which pinetry is launched, in case of problems, the gpg-agent.conf
    > should show/log an error.

I guess I'd really like that to just happen with some --I-really-want-isolated-gnupg
option.