Pinentry problem with different home dir

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Oct 26 08:53:05 CEST 2023

On Wed, 25 Oct 2023 18:51, Michael Richardson said:

> The gpg-agent dependancy that came a few years ago has really been a PITA.

a few years = 20 years [1]

> I would really like some way to tell GPG that it really needs to ignore all
> of *my* (personal) setup, because I'm wearing a different personality now.

Use a different home directory.  Actually running
  gpg --homedir /somewhere -s something
should be enough but the agent and dirmngr started on the fly won't be
killed until you rmdir /somewhere.

Or just use -u to select a different signing key.  For example in
~/.gitconfig

[user]
      name = "Werner Koch"
      email = "wk at gnupg.org"
      signingkey = C1D34B69219E4AEEC0BA1C21E3FDFF218E45B72B
[commit]
     gpgsign

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

[1] "Noteworthy changes in version 1.9.0 (2003-08-05)"

--
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service.             - A. Einstein