[gnutls-dev] Re: gnutls 1.2.8 and mingw32

Enrico Tassi gareuselesinge at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Oct 24 16:09:13 CEST 2005

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 03:52:09PM +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> > We hope to release soon a new version of FreePOPs based on
> > libcurl-gnutls and then we will have a feedback from the users
> > (even if only a small part of FreePOPs plugins use https://).
>
> That would be good.  I am preparing the GnuTLS 1.2.9 release now, and
> fixing the inet_ntop problem is the only pending issue I have right
> now.  There weren't any other mingw32 problems building GnuTLS 1.2.8,
> where there?  Let me know, and I'll try to resolve them.

I use the mingw debian package and the main remaining issue is that
there is no dll for wsock32.dll so I had to hack the libtool/configure
just to add the proper -l option  (I'm not an autotools guru, so maybe
the solution was cleaner). In mingw I have only wsock32.a that, if
statically linked, closes all the unresolved symbols of libgnutls.dll
producing a "nice" dll. Maybe the solution should come from mingw...
I've not investigated furter.

JFYI I attach the .sh script I use to compile the dll

ciao
--
Enrico Tassi