[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | tests: enable all tests to run under valgrind (!1383)

Mon Mar 1 16:29:14 CET 2021

Alexander Sosedkin commented:

Hi, sorry for the late review.

Looks mostly fine to me, I have just two questions:

1) I don't understand the reason for dropping tests/init_fds.c in 5589765.
   My impression is, it'd be still useful to test that an application
   can close all fds in between implicit and explicit init.
   I don't see why the test is irrelevant to
   "only open /dev/urandom when gnutls_global_init() is called and not before"
   of https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=760476
   I'd appreciate some clarification here.

2) What's the policy of what to call and not call under valgrind
   in shell script tests? I've picked one test at random
   (`tests/cert-tests/certtool.sh`) and I see a mixture of calls to certtool,
   some do call valgrind, some don't.