[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | tests: enable all tests to run under valgrind (!1383)

Thu Mar 4 04:34:09 CET 2021

Daiki Ueno commented on a discussion: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1383#note_521658462

> I don't see why the test is irrelevant to "only open /dev/urandom when gnutls_global_init() is called and not before" of https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=760476 I'd appreciate some clarification here.

I generally agree with you, though the test didn't properly exercise the scenario on some cases, because it assumes that /dev/urandom is always associated with fd 3. I guess one way to reliably do that check would be to (1) replace gnutls_rnd as other tests do and (2) in that replacement function, call stat and compare the inode number against a newly opened /dev/urandom.

> What's the policy of what to call and not call under valgrind in shell script tests? I've picked one test at random (tests/cert-tests/certtool.sh) and I see a mixture of calls to certtool, some do call valgrind, some don't.

That sounds like a bug ;-)