[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | [Draft] Use faketime instead of datefudge (!1716)
Read-only notification of GnuTLS library development activities
gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Sat Feb 25 14:11:37 CET 2023
Andreas Metzler created a merge request: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1716
Project:Branches: ametzler/gnutls:tmp-ametzler-faketime to gnutls/gnutls:master
Author: Andreas Metzler
datefudge et.al are currently (Debian sid) broken 32 bit archs. Investigation showed that there multiple implementations in Debian with datefudge having only two users in Debian and unlikely to be fixed.
Quoting Matthias Urlichs:
> I do recommend switching to a supported library. I'm sorry to say that
> my time budget already is negative for the foreseeable future, thus
> resuming support for datefudge is out of the question unfortunately.
Debian is therefore trying to move the datefudge-users to faketime which is a) more broadly used and b) has an active upstream.
Patch originally posted on https://bugs.debian.org/1031553 by Nicolas Boulenguez <nicolas at debian.org>, debugged and extended for tests not part of the shipped tarball by myself.
* [x] Commits have `Signed-off-by:` with name/author being identical to the commit author
* [ ] Code modified for feature
* [ ] Test suite updated with functionality tests
* [ ] Test suite updated with negative tests
* [ ] Documentation updated / NEWS entry present (for non-trivial changes)
* [x] CI timeout is 2h or higher (see Settings/CICD/General pipelines/Timeout)
## Reviewer's checklist:
* [ ] Any issues marked for closing are addressed
* [ ] There is a test suite reasonably covering new functionality or modifications
* [ ] Function naming, parameters, return values, types, etc., are consistent and according to `CONTRIBUTION.md`
* [ ] This feature/change has adequate documentation added
* [ ] No obvious mistakes in the code
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitLab: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1716
You're receiving this email because of your account on gitlab.com.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnutls-devel