[Help-gnutls] trac.gnutls.org

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Thu Apr 3 12:42:02 CEST 2008

Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg-debian.org at fifthhorseman.net> writes:

> On Wed 2008-04-02 06:05:29 -0400, Simon Josefsson wrote:
>
>> A heads-up on the list is appreciated, there is no automatic
>> notification from the trac.gnutls.org.
>
> Can i help you get that set up somehow?  I administer a few trac sites
> myself, and i'd be happy to advise or tweak it so it works for you.
>
> What works for me on other trac instances (already in place on
> trac.gnutls.org, actually) is just to subscribe my RSS feed reader to
> the feed on the timeline page.
>
> We could also subscribe the trac site to one of the GnuTLS mailing
> lists so that changes get published that way.

We definitely could use help with trac.gnutls.org.  Btw, do you know a
good way to deal with trac-spam?  Right now I remove it manually when I
noticed it but that doesn't scale well, and I'm pretty sure I fail to
catch some spam.

Subscribing gnutls-devel at gnu.org to get updates from the trac site would
work, unless the emails are completely unreadable.  Do you have examples
of such e-mails?  How could we set this up?

Do you know a trac hosting site, so that someone else takes care of the
low-level trac administration?  I'd ideally want to find someone else to
host or co-maintain trac.gnutls.org because it steals my time from more
important things.  The reason we aren't using savannah for everything is
that I need a gnutls-related wiki.  Savannah doesn't have roadmap or
timeline pages either, as far as I understand.  And I kind of like the
simplicity of the trac interface.

>> This looks all OpenCDK/OpenPGP related, so I hope Nikos or Timo will
>> have time to look into it.  To understand if this should delay the
>> release, are these regressions compared to 2.2.x?  How important do
>> you think it is to fix this before the next stable release?
>
> #21 is *not* a regression compared to 2.2.x -- the function in
> question (gnutls_openpgp_privkey_export_dsa_raw()) didn't even exist
> in 2.2, afaict.
>
> I haven't tested #22 against 2.2.x, but i seriously doubt it used to
> be possible.  I wouldn't want to hold up the 2.4 release for either of
> these issues.

Thanks.