Fwd: Re: [Help-gnutls] Problem building from git

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Tue Jul 14 01:37:23 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 14 July 2009 03:38:18 Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
>  I have solved the warnings except the transport_ptr cast. Most of them
> a bit different (I don't know how widely used i z for size_t, so I just
> casted size_t to int for printing).
Thanks.
I did some checking - looks like 'z' is in glibc, based on the SuSv3. I think
that might come from C99 - I don't have a copy to check. Not sure if it is
supported in C89. Which compilers / C libraries are supported for gnutls?

> The former warning for cast is not
> easy to solve and not really needed on current platforms. Anyway I see
> Simon has added gl_fd_to_handle() that could be used with an inline
> function to perform this cast gracefully... but I don't really know if
> it is the proper place.
I also saw that it was identified as an issue some time ago.
http://www.mail-archive.com/help-gnutls@gnu.org/msg00286.html

Do you have any suggestions other than turning off -Werror?

Brad