[Help-gnutls] How are the PSK keys read

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Wed Jul 15 06:10:06 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 15 July 2009 12:44:32 Ram G wrote:
> Does any body have any experience how the pre-shared keys are read from
> when doing a DH key exchange with PSK authentication ? Other than hard
> coding it into the application, what are the other sources it is read from
> ( database ? file ? ) and how ?
Surely this is a bit implementation specific? What does your specific
application need to do?

I haven't tried this, but the documentation suggests that gnutls has some
built-in support for using a password file:
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/manual/html_node/Authentication-using-
PSK.html#Authentication-using-PSK

<snip>
> Obviously these are hard coded values. How are the keys read in the real
> world ?
Just provide them however suits your application.

> If anyone has any samples to share, I would really appreciate it.
There is an example of using gnutls_srp_set_server_credentials_file() in
src/serv.c

Brad