some possible errors on sparc?

imp imp at hannover.ccc.de
Tue Sep 22 18:32:23 CEST 2009

Simon Josefsson <simon <at> josefsson.org> writes:

> Miroslav Kratochvil <exa.exa <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> > today I was trying to run GnuTLS on sparc and connect it to an amd64
> > machine, well, result is that connection dies because of:
>
> Which GnuTLS version?

on the amd64: net-libs/gnutls-2.8.3
and on the sparc: net-libs/gnutls-2.8.3 (before it was 2.6.6,
updated it right now - still the same).
both pass "make check" - at least the return value is 0 and are no tests
reported as failed. (and both skiped pkcs1-pad).
besides this, there's some strange stuff going on the the sparc:
##
server: ready. Listening to port '5556'.
server: connection from 127.0.0.1, port 56158
psk: username test
AES-128 test encryption failed.
AES-128 test encryption failed.
server: Handshake was completed
client: Handshake was completed
server: Peer has closed the GNUTLS connection
server: finished
Self test `./pskself' finished with 0 errors
Self test `./pskself' finished with 0 errors
PASS: pskself
Launched, generating DH parameters...
server: ready. Listening to port '5556'.
server: connection from 127.0.0.1, port 56159
AES-128 test encryption failed.
psk callback to get test's password
AES-128 test encryption failed.
##

and the build on the amd64 spits some leak summarys (guess it's because if've
valgrind installed?).

imp