TLS server key and certificate generation

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Wed Sep 23 22:43:37 CEST 2009

Jawad hussain <jawad.ssuet at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to setting up a OpenXcap server and doing so I encounter
> following error. So can someone suggest how to generate TLS server
> certificate and key for OpenXcap server.
>
> Sep 23 16:13:55 jawad-desktop openxcap[2710]: fatal error: the TLS
> certificates or the private key could not be loaded

There is not much information to go on here, can you provide more
information on what commands you invoke and the files you use as input?
I'm not familiar with OpenXcap though, so you may find better answers on
a OpenXcap forum.

Generating keys and certificates is covered in the GnuTLS manual:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/manual/html_node/Invoking-certtool.html

I blogged about how to create CACert keys/certs some time ago:

http://blog.josefsson.org/2009/04/16/cacert-and-gnutls/