TLS server key and certificate generation

jawad.ssuet jawad.ssuet at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 17:27:36 CEST 2009

Thanks,

Actually for OpenXCAP to work I have to generate one server.crt and
server.key by using gnutls (as this is only one post on OpenXCAP forum) and
put them under my openxcap/tls folder, so that would my server certification
and key. By the time I emailed I was unable to find method to do this by
gnutls so did this by openssl but I struggled to load the cert/key with
openssl.

On OpenXCAP website this is the only information about certificates.

"" When using TLS you must generate an X.509 certificate and a key. Consult
Internet resources for how to do this. The procedure is the same as for any
other TLS server like Apache web server.  ""

I generate a certificate and private key for OpenXCAP server by using
openssl as follows.

- openssl genrsa -des3 out server.key 1024
- openssl req -new -key server.key -out server.csr
- openssl x509 -req -days 365 -in server.csr -signkey server.key -out
server.crt

So in short I have to generate one server certificate and private key using
gnutls and I will follow procedures on the provided links by you and will
report if that work. I have installed gnutls but havent seen certtool
command ?.

Regards,
Jawad Hussain

-