[gnutls-help] Using GnuTLS with an HSM

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Tue Jul 23 19:38:29 CEST 2013

On 07/22/2013 12:02 PM, Horst Freiburger wrote:
> Hi Nikos!
>
> Another question for cross-compiling gnutls for windows.
>
> I read http://gitorious.org/gnutls/gnutls/blobs/master/README-alpha and
> i installed all the tools for my fresh debian installation.
>
> Then i run
> $ git clone git://gitorious.org/gnutls/gnutls.git
> and i get a clone of the sources on my harddisc. I changed into the
> gnutls-directory and run
> $ make bootstrap
>
> The process started and was aborted with the failure:
> configure.ac:203: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL

That's pretty awkward. Which version of libtool do you have installed?

> Does a little tutorial for cross-compiling gnutls exists? I am not
> really sure what i should do after "make bootstrap" (if i get this
> working). I think "make" will only build the linux version. Am i right?!?

The simple way is to do within the gnutls directory,
$ mkdir win32
$ cd win32
$ ln -s ../cross.mk Makefile
$ make gnutls-w32

By adjusting cross.mk you'll be able to chose between different versions
of the library, but you'll not be able to compile the git repository.

If you want to compile the git repository you should do something
similar to:
$ ./configure --host=i686-w64-mingw32 --enable-shared --disable-static
--enable-local-libopts --with-libnettle-prefix=/path/to/nettle-lib
--disable-libdane --disable-openssl-compatibility --with-included-libtasn1
$ make