[gnutls-help] Incompability between gnutls 3.5.8 and 3.6.5 for gnutls_encode_rs_value and gnutls_decode_rs_value

Nicolas Mora nicolas at babelouest.org
Fri Dec 21 15:25:29 CET 2018

Hello,

Last year I asked a question about encoding and decoding messages with
ECDSA using GnuTLS. At that time, the functions to achieve this were
present but not exported in GnuTLS 3.5.8. So the solution was to
manually export them in my code [1] and it works like a charm for this
version of GnuTLS [2].
Unfortunately, it seems that my code no longer works with GnuTLS 3.6.

I realized this by building and testing libjwt with gnutls backend under
a Debian Stretch (GnuTLS 3.5.8), and a Debian testing (currently GnuTLS
3.6.5).

My question is: Are there differences between GnuTLS 3.5.x and 3.6.x on
the functions gnutls_encode_rs_value and gnutls_decode_rs_value or in
the ECDSA encoding/decoding?

And if so, Are there a way to fix my code in order to encode and decode
messages with ECDSA algorithm?

Thanks in advance for the help.

[1] - https://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnutls-help/2017-May/004314.html
[2] -