[gnutls-help] Incompability between gnutls 3.5.8 and 3.6.5 for gnutls_encode_rs_value and gnutls_decode_rs_value

Nicolas Mora nicolas at babelouest.org
Fri Dec 21 21:57:51 CET 2018

Le 2018-12-21 09:25, Nicolas Mora a écrit :

> And if so, Are there a way to fix my code in order to encode and
> decode messages with ECDSA algorithm?

I made a sample source code to explain my problem:
https://gist.github.com/babelouest/ad6ca39e43587bf037b9868e1ac9ad9d

This program signs and then verify the signature of a message using
SHA256 and ECDSA algorithms.

- When using GnuTLS 2.5.8, signing and verifying the message work fine.
- When using GnuTLS 3.6.5, signing works, but verifying the message
fails.

If I use r and s structures with
gnutls_decode_rs_value/gnutls_encode_rs_value, the result is the same. I
can't figure out what's wrong with my code.

Does someone have an idea?

/Nicolas