[gnutls-help] Guile-Gnutls bindings to separate git repo?

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Tue Oct 11 17:03:54 CEST 2022

Hi

I have created https://gitlab.com/jas/guile-gnutls/ now that appears to
build: https://gitlab.com/jas/guile-gnutls/-/pipelines/663945143

Could you please test the following tarball as if it were a new release
of the new guile-gnutls project?

https://gitlab.com/jas/guile-gnutls/-/jobs/3156988378/artifacts/raw/guile-gnutls-3.7.8.tar.gz

Alternatively, build directly from git if you prefer that.  See README
and .gitlab-ci.yml for some build hints.

Feedback?

I'll move it to https://gitlab.com/gnutls/guile/ and release as 3.7.9
within a few days, but I'm happy to include any fixes you would like to
see go into it.  We can always fix more things after the release too.  I
am aware of the following nits:

* Possibly incomplete README
* SRP -- should it auto-detect if system-GnuTLS has SRP enabled
  instead of using --disable-srp-authentication?
* SRP -- building without SRP doesn't seem to work, bug?
* configure.ac logic -- use AC_MSG_ERROR instead of AC_MSG_WARN
  when guile or gnutls is missing, there is no point in continuing
  if hard requirements are not met.