[gnutls-help] Guile-Gnutls bindings to separate git repo?

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Wed Oct 12 09:58:47 CEST 2022

Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> writes:

> I'll move it to https://gitlab.com/gnutls/guile/ and release as 3.7.9
> within a few days, but I'm happy to include any fixes you would like to
> see go into it.  We can always fix more things after the release too.  I
> am aware of the following nits:
>
> * Possibly incomplete README
> * SRP -- should it auto-detect if system-GnuTLS has SRP enabled
>   instead of using --disable-srp-authentication?
> * SRP -- building without SRP doesn't seem to work, bug?
> * configure.ac logic -- use AC_MSG_ERROR instead of AC_MSG_WARN
>   when guile or gnutls is missing, there is no point in continuing
>   if hard requirements are not met.

Further nits below, but none that will prevent a release, so I'm merely
writing these down to invite others to give feedback on my plans.

* Use gnulib to avoid manual copies of some files (m4/lib-*) and to get
  maintainer makefiles for, e.g., bootstrapping, release process and
  auto-generated web manual.

* Build failures on almalinux - I can't figure out how to install guile
  on it, see: https://gitlab.com/jas/guile-gnutls/-/jobs/3156988384

* CentOS7 build failure, looks like a real source-code problem?
  https://gitlab.com/jas/guile-gnutls/-/jobs/3156988383
  We have successful builds on Fedora so I'm not that concerned about
  this.

* Plenty of deprecated warnings in the logs... I haven't looked at if
  this is intentional or not.

* We should run 'indent' on the code.