[gnutls-help] Guile-Gnutls bindings to separate git repo?

Andreas Metzler ametzler at bebt.de
Wed Oct 12 18:33:50 CEST 2022

On 2022-10-11 Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> wrote:
> Hi

> I have created https://gitlab.com/jas/guile-gnutls/ now that appears to
> build: https://gitlab.com/jas/guile-gnutls/-/pipelines/663945143

> Could you please test the following tarball as if it were a new release
> of the new guile-gnutls project?

> https://gitlab.com/jas/guile-gnutls/-/jobs/3156988378/artifacts/raw/guile-gnutls-3.7.8.tar.gz

> Alternatively, build directly from git if you prefer that.  See README
[...]

I just quickly ported the Debian packaging (excluding any copyrigght
checks) and it looked reasonable.

Nitpicks:
Supporting ./configure  --disable-guile         don't build GNU Guile bindings
does not make a lot of sense.

I am not sure about the post configure status update:
[...]
         sitedir:    $(GUILE_SITE)
   siteccachedir:    $(GUILE_SITE_CCACHE)
    extensiondir:    $(GUILE_EXTENSION)

Whereas config.log has:
configure:13619: checking for Guile site directory
configure:13622: result: /usr/share/guile/site/3.0
configure:13631: checking for Guile site-ccache directory using pkgconfig
configure:13648: result: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/guile/3.0/site-ccache
configure:13651: checking for Guile extensions directory
configure:13654: result: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/guile/3.0/extensions

cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'