[gnutls-help] Guile-Gnutls bindings to separate git repo?

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Tue Oct 18 09:27:19 CEST 2022

Ludovic Courtès <ludo at gnu.org> writes:

> I’ve prepared the Guix package (will push soon) and it went smoothly.
>
> Two things we could/should do:
>
>   1. LT_INIT([disable-static]) because it doesn’t make sense to build .a
>      files—pushed as 006d53214a7fd2bf2ef04acecde89f6ae4fdfb3d;

Thanks, I didn't realize this was intentional.

>   2. Change the default .scm and .go installation directory to be under
>      $prefix, as is done in guile-gcrypt and many other packages.

Consistency with other packages is good, I don't see a reason why not if
NEWS explains what happened.  Do you have a patch in mind?

Would you like to make a new release?  I think it should be merely 1)
verify that CI/CD is happy, 2) make sure NEWS is updated with release
version and date, 3) do 'git tag -s v3.7.10', 4) do a local' make dist'
and 'gpg -b guile-gnutls*.tar.gz', 5) create a new release at
https://gitlab.com/gnutls/guile/-/releases using the previous one as a
template (i.e., fill in title and attach locally built *.tar.gz*), 6)
send an announcement to this list.  It's seems like a good idea to get
more than one person's PGP key into the "official" list of release
manager keys early on in the life of a project.