Bug list current GPA

Miguel Coca e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
Thu Nov 28 21:59:01 2002

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 20:12:11 +0100, Markus Gerwinski wrote:
> Miguel Coca wrote:
> > Just pass the --enable-external-hkp flag to gpg's configure and recompi=
le.
>=20
> That _did_ change something, yes... Now I get a segfault when trying to
> import a key from "blackhole.pca.dfn.de". :-}

Should be fixed now. Sorry about the stupid bug :-(

Could you please test it? I didn't get a crash, but a much stranger problem,
that is fixed now.

> > The LDAP plugin is a program called gpgkeys_ldap. By default it's insta=
lled
> > in /usr/local/libexec/gnupg/, and it's compiled if you have the openldap
> > developtment files installed when you compile GnuPG.
>=20
> I downloaded openldap for this sake, but when trying to install it, it
> complains about not finding a suitable LDBM backend. What's that and wher=
e to
> get it?

No idea, sorry. My own openldap was provided with Debian, so I have never
compiled it myself.

> > Validity is what used to be called "Key trust". We only consider valid =
keys
> > that are either ultimately of fully trusted. Since a signature by a
> > non-valid key is not really trusted, we complain about it. Maybe there =
is a
> > clearer (short) name for a good signature from an untrusted key?
>=20
> Hmm... what about "confirmed/unconfirmed"? --

I don't think those are descriptive enough. Maybe "Good Sig/Invalid key"?

> in the long run, maybe a fly-over help should be added, telling in more
> detail what that issue's about?

That would be the best solution for a *lot* of the problems in GPA.

> > > When I originally wrote that dialog, there was a checkbox: "Add sende=
r key
> > > to recipients by default?" Usually, it was checked as "true".
> > I don't remember removing such a checkbox. Maybe we should add it again.
>=20
> Werner said:
> > This should be addressed in gpg.conf.

I'm not sure. Should we be tell new GPA users to edit their gpg.conf?

Regards,
--=20
Miguel Coca                                         e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
PGP Key 0x27FC3CA8                         http://zipi.fi.upm.es/~e970095/