GPA and GPGME

Miguel Coca e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
Tue Oct 29 20:12:01 2002

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 19:14:32 +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 18:32:48 +0100, Miguel Coca said:
>
> > I'm testing GPA with the latest stable GPGME (although with a simple fix of
> > my own that I've already sent to Marcus) and GnuPG 1.2.1 and it works fine.
>
> Marcus is on vacation until next week; he will then work on the signature
> API with priority.

Yes, I know, I was mentioning it just for completeness :-)

> The only thing I can suggest is to use either "key is valid" or "key
> is NOT valid" instead of the 4 leves we currently use.  "trustworthy"
> might be an alternative but then you have "trust" back again.

Well, validity it must be then. What about revoked/expired keys? Right now
there is no indication that a key has been revoked. I'd say to have "valid",
"not valid", "revoked", "expired".

If at some time we reimplement the key list with GTK+2 (right now it uses
deprecated GTK+1.2 widgets), we could even use different colors and styles
for each value (like the file verification dialog does).

Regards,
--
Miguel Coca                                         e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
PGP Key 0x27FC3CA8                         http://zipi.fi.upm.es/~e970095/