your mail

Lorenzo Cappelletti lorenzo.cappelletti@email.it
Sun, 6 Apr 2003 09:55:51 +0200

On Tue Mar 25 at 11:23 +0000, Noel D . Torres Ta=F1o wrote:

> Lorenzo Cappelletti wrote:
> >=20
> > Is this PR still pending?  I cannot replicate the problem...
> >=20
> Yes, it is. I think the problem is the browser version.
>=20
> Could you check the whole site with different browsers? I can help in
> this. The goal of the World Wide Web is to be accessible independently
> of the browser, so we can check with MSIE, Netscape, Mozilla, Opera,
> Galeon, Konqueror and, of course, Lynx. You can consider Lynx as
> representative of non-visual browsers, like browsers for blind people.
> And several versions of each one, with and without javascript, etc. I
> know it's a lot of work, but I think we must do it.

I totally agree with you and that why I decided to stick to W3C
raccomandations using XHTML and validating the site with W3C's
validator.

Then a question arises: is it webdesigners' task to make tricky changes
in order to circumvent bugged/non-compliant browsers?  You say that
there's a browser version that doesn't render the site as expected.  I
know of Netscape 4.7x which doesn't handle well CSS because of its
age...

Well, I do believe that these are not webdesigner's concerns.  Standards
are made to easy the work from different parties, like webdesigners and
web browser programmers.

--=20
email: lorenzo.cappelletti@email.it
Jabber: lolo@linux.it
Fingerprint: 8CDD 3408 53B2 6122 99DA EE37 1523 68FC D906 4C08

Vuoi aiutarci ad avere le descrizioni dei pacchetti Debian in italiano?
http://ddtp.debian.org/