PR 4 [was: Report about currently open gpgweb problem reports.]

Lorenzo Cappelletti lorenzo.cappelletti@email.it
Sat, 24 May 2003 08:51:19 +0200

On Fri May 23 at 22:43 +0100, Noel D. Torres Ta=F1o wrote:

> The problem arises if one translator's editor corrupts the entire file,
> even when claiming to be UTF8 compliant. This can happen for a couple of
> reasons, incluiding bad editor setup, bad SO setup, wrong locales in the

I understand we're at the dawn of UTF-8 (as a stable implementation, of
course!), but more and more people are putting effort in it , so why
can't we?

More and more editors are becoming compliant, thus, at the beginning,=20
it's just a matter of choosing the right one.

Plus, we're using CVS, which means we can roll things back if somebody=20
screws up, or force people to use branches for their first translation=20
(as it's already happend).

> machine, and even a bug in the editor. I'd prefer ASCII-7 because it is
> _always_ safe, and everything can be coded in it as in UTF8 using
> entities (either named or numerical), incluiding those umlauts Werner
> uses in the german translations (the entities are ä etc.)

I think it's painful coding each character.  If everything is set up=20
properly, ASCII is redundant.

I know (X)Emacs can encode chars for you, but not everybody uses it.=20
How do you do that?  By hand?

--=20
email: lorenzo.cappelletti@email.it
Jabber: lolo@linux.it
Fingerprint: 8CDD 3408 53B2 6122 99DA EE37 1523 68FC D906 4C08

Vuoi aiutarci ad avere le descrizioni dei pacchetti Debian in italiano?
http://ddtp.debian.org/