Sponsor link [was: Pending tasks]

Noel D. Torres Taño ndtt at ll.iac.es
Wed Jan 14 17:31:03 CET 2004

Lorenzo Cappelletti wrote:

> "Noel D. Torres Taño" <ndtt at ll.iac.es>, Mon 12 Jan 2004 14:53 +0000:
>
> > Suggestion: allow a place at the bottom of the first column of each page
> > for information local to each mirror. For example, some universatry
> > mirrors would put here "The mirror hosted by Miskatonic University" or
> > something like that. See, for example, the spanish mirror
> > www.es.debian.org in comparison with www.debian.org .
>
> Do you mean at the bottom of the navigation menu on the left-hand side?
>
> It sounds a really good idea, anyhow.  The question is: how do we
> realize that?  I think sponsor image and sponsor page are not copied by
> the mirror, rather the webadmin has to provide his own logo and page.
> If he doesn't do that, the link is broken...

Idea: Put a fixed-size image with the GUUG logo at the bottom of (yes)
the navbar at the left side of the pages, with a fixed link to
"sponsor.html". Then, the mirror admis can put, in the same crontab job
than the rsync, something like "cp ~/sponsor.html ~/sponsorlogo.png
/var/www/gpg_web_dir"

Envite