Distribution of binary

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Sat Dec 22 15:15:01 CET 2018

Hello Niibe!

On 14/12/2018 01:23, NIIBE Yutaka wrote:
>   (c) Selling it at eBay (or equivalent).
>
> If it will happen, the step (c) violates the assumption of experimental
> personal use, and it will put FSIJ into difficult situation about their
> management of VID.  I'd say that the step (c) constitutes a distribution
> of binary, if I were a lawyer.

Yes, that would be bad. If we could quickly decide on the proper
vendor/product strings for VID:PID 1209:2440, I can simply tell anyone
interested to use that.

I don't even know if I'll be giving anybody a board :-). I mean, I'm not
going to walk around with a sign with a big arrow that says "free GnuKs
for experiments available here" :-).

Regards,

Peter.

[1] <https://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnuk-users/2018-December/000132.html>