scim and pinentry-gtk2

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Jul 7 11:00:47 CEST 2009

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 02:51, marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de said:

> GTK_IM_MODULE    used by gtk to select gtk input modules (eg "scim-bridge")
> XMODIFIERS       used by Xlib to select X input modules (eg "@im=SCIM")
> QT_IM_MODUL      used by Qt to select qt input modules (eg "xim")
>
> The fun is that we need to pass through all three variables, because we don't
> know which backend the pinentry actually uses.

That was really a lot work.  I had to rewrite the entire passing of
environment variables code in GnuPG.  It is in SVN r 5064.  I did some
quick tests using a pinentry-wrapper and could verify that GTK+ shows
that Scim is active.

I hope that there are no regressions regarding the passing of locale
information and other environment variables.  Running a complete test on
all combinations of command line args, environment variables and Assuan
options is way too time consuming, thus I hope for the best.

If you want to add more environment variables; this is now pretty easy:
Add them to the list in common/session-env.c.

Salam-Shalom,