Beyond Curve25519

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jan 16 08:48:34 CET 2015

On Thu, 15 Jan 2015 21:53, hanno at hboeck.de said:

> I find the search for "better than curve25119 curves" quite
> questionable.

It is likely that Curve41417 will eventually be added.  However, we
first need to settle for a point compression format for Curve25519.
That is more important that a stronger curve.

> something post-quantum. However the trouble with post quantum is that
> right now nobody really has any confidence in any of the algorithms.

and that the large key size imposes parctical problems today. An
algorithm which can't be used with smart cards is not going to fly.

Shalom-Salam,