GPG decryption issues on WINDOWS 2003 SERVER

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Thu Aug 12 17:10:06 CEST 2010

On 8/12/2010 7:53 AM, Jerry wrote:
> I saw something similar to this on another list. I forgot where. In any
> case, Windows Server 2003 is seriously deprecated.

Microsoft is not planning on any further service packs, but the OS is
still supported until 2015.  Mainstream support has ended, but extended
support is still available.

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifeselect

Even if 2003 had been totally EOLed, this advice would still not be
particularly useful.  Migrating a server to a new OS is not something to
be undertaken lightly.  Given a choice between simply writing off an
application as "doesn't work on our system" and migrating to a new OS,
many places will choose to write off the application.