GPGME API documentation licence question

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jul 10 09:05:42 CEST 2009

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 00:50, daniel at danm.de said:

> changes and additional information. I would like to ask you whether I
> am allowed to copy & paste the relevant parts from GPGME's info pages
> (API docs).

Sure, that is the whole point of Free Software.

> Inside gpgme's docs directory I found a file that announces the content
> as GPLv3+, is that correct? Furthermore I found three different

Right.  The AUTHORS files also states this:

  License (software): LGPLv2.1+
  License (manual): GPLv3+

> authors (through the Changelog file):
> 	* Marcus Brinkmann  <xxx at g10code.de>
> 	* Moritz Schulte  <xxx at g10code.com>
> 	* Werner Koch  <xxx at g10code.com>

They are employed by my company and thus legally you only need to credit
g10 Code.  Just add our copyright line from the texi file into your
documentation.

> Would it be sufficient to place a COPYING file inside my doc
> directory (Licence: GPLv3) and an AUTHORS file that contains the
> origin? The .NET binding library[2] itself will be licenced as LGPL
> v2.1.

That is okay.  It is actually the same scheme we use.

BTW, we are interested in distributing language bindings as part of
gpgme; see the lang/ directory.  Please let me know if you are
interested.

Salam-Shalom,